Pages

Form I-9 expiration date extended past 6/30/09

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently announced that the current Form I-9 will continue to be valid for use beyond June 30, 2009.

USCIS has requested that the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approve the continued use of the current version of the Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9. While the request is pending, the existing I-9 form will not expire.

The extension will allow employers to use either the Form I-9 with the updated revision date or the Form I-9 with the 02/02/09 revision date at the bottom of the form.

USCIS expects to approve a new version of the Form I-9 before the June 30, 2009, expiration date. Read the full USCIS article here.

It is mandatory for all U.S. employers to verify the employment eligibility of new and existing employees by completing a Form I-9 for each individual.

The G.Neil legal team will continue to watch for news from the USCIS once the extension is approved. Check back here for the most current information available.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

 

Labels :

Copyright (c) 2010. Blogger templates by Bloggermint